Do I need an international driver’s license to rent a car?

No, but there are conditions to non-U.S.A, Canadian, or European (EEA) licenses.

Your license must:

  • Have a license number
  • Have the license holder’s photograph
  • Have a valid date
  • Be written/printed in Latin characters.

If your license doesn’t fill these requirements, obtain an international driver’s license and you’re all set.