There is no charge if you cancel your reservation within 24 hours before pick up.
If you don’t cancel within 24 hours before pick up and don’t show up we will charge 30% of the total amount from your credit card.
You are not able to change your booking if there are less than 24 hours until your booking starts. You are not able to shorten your rental once your rental has started. If you wish to lengthen your rental, we will try to accommodate, but it will depend on availability.
AGE REQUIREMENT AND DRIVERS LICENSE
A full drivers license must have been held for at least 12 months and must be presented at the start of the rental. Renter must be 20 years of age.
In order to guarantee your booking, we require a valid credit card number and expiry date. Also, we require a valid email address. Bookings that come through wire transfer cannot be guaranteed before the payment confirmation has been sent and verified.
Our booking system will let you know right away if there is a camper available.
If you don’t find a car on requested time please contact us for information.
We will confirm the booking request via email within 24 hours.
When you book a camper on our web page, you can pay a 30% confirmation fee or pay for the full rental right away. You can pay the remaining when you pick up the car with a credit card or cash (USD, GBP, EURO, CAD, ISK).
A record of your credit card information will be taken at the start of the rental for insurance proposes, even when a voucher covers the total cost of the rental. The credit card holders name must match the name listed on the booking.
This credit card info may be used to pay all extra charges such as extra insurance, parking fines, damages or any cost incurred regarding the rented car.
Note that we will always need a credit card with a name that matches the booking name, for insurance.
INSURANCE, LIABILITY AND DAMAGES
Lessee’s liability is subject to change with added insurance options. CDW is mandatory for rental vehicles in Iceland. Lessee’s liability with CDW is 300.000 ISK. That amount can increase. Firstly, due to CDW insurance limitations. Secondly, should the lessee’s action be deemed unlawful. The full 300.000 deductible will be charged immediately upon return if the camper is damaged. The vehicle will then immediately enter a standardized procedure of damage cost evaluation. If the damages do not reach the 300.000 ISK deductible, the difference will be refunded to the lessee.
Campeasy will provide all reasonable assistance and reparations if problems occur during the rental. The hirer will report any problems as soon as possible in order for Campeasy to assist and offer reparations. Refunds will not be given if problems are not reported during the rental.
River crossings are forbidden on Campeasy campers. Any insurance with Campeasy or affiliated insurance company is completely void for any camper that enters a river.
PICKUP AND RETURN SERVICE
We offer our customers arriving at the International Airport Keflavik (KEF) a Free FlyBus transport to Reykjavik Bus Station where we provide HREYFILL TAXI transfer during opening hours, or we will pick you up anywhere in the Reykjavik area during opening hours. When the camper is returned we drop you off anywhere in the Reykjavik area.
NO additional charge.
Our opening hours are: 9:00 AM to 18:00 PM.
Vehicle pick-up takes place at Campeasy offices and drop-off is always at the same location.
Taking the car outside of the country is forbidden.
We reserve the right to substitute vehicles when the reserved car type is not available, either with a similar car or higher class.
FUEL, WATER AND OIL
The rental car will have a full tank of fuel. The car needs to be returned full.
If the fuel tank is not full at return fuel refill will be charged on Visa/MasterCard.
Maintaining water and oil levels on the camper is the lessee’s responsibility. Any cost incurred will be reimbursed upon production of a receipt.
ADMINISTRATION FEES AND FINES
A 5.000 ISK administration fee will apply for any traffic violation that needs to be handled by Campeasy staff.
A 5.000 ISK administration fee will apply if a camper is returned without a full tank.
A 15.000 ISK Penalty fee is charged for camper returns that are extremely dirty and need special treatment.
A 100.000 ISK fine is charged for putting the wrong fuel on a camper and driving with the wrong fuel.
A 200.000 ISK fine is charged for driving on F-Roads on campers that are not F-road classified.
Local value added tax (VAT) 24% is included in all prices.
GPS / TACHOMETER / DRIVER GUIDE EQUIPMENT
Lessee agrees to the presence of an information, safety and security system on board the camper. It’s a tablet GPS system and accelerometer that monitors kilometres, location, condition and treatment of the camper. This information is not accessible by the lessee and not visible in the camper itself. You are responsible for any loss or damage to the unit and its accessories. If the unit and/or its accessories are lost or damaged so as to, in our sole opinion, require repair or replacement, you will pay us its repair or full retail cost, which may be as much as $499. The reason for the instalment of the equipment is a response to factors related to the nature of campervan rental in Iceland. These factors include, but are not limited to: the environmental preservation of Iceland, the need for a precise and prompt response to emergencies, and preventative maintenance of the campers. The safety and security system can also be used in the case of deviations that could violate the conditions of the rental contract, or when accidents occur.
Campeasy accepts that campervan locations in real time are confidential and will only be accessible to CampEasy employees and will not be shared with any third party. Campeasy will limit the use of this equipment and the relevant data to search and rescue, camper and lessee’s safety, upholding conditions, emergencies and preventative maintenance when applicable.
All campers are non-smoking vehicles. 30.000 ISK fine for infractions.
Obligations of the Lessee (Customer)
1) The lessee agrees to the provisions of this lease and has received a copy of it.
2) The lessee will return the automobile:
- And all accessories (including tires and tools) in the condition they were when received, with the exception of normal wear due to use.
- On the date specified in this lease, unless otherwise agreed upon later.
- To the lessor’s premises, unless otherwise specified.
3) If the lessee does not return the automobile at the time agreed upon in this lease or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s expense. Extending the lease is dependent upon the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hours rental under the terms of this lease.
4) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of this agreement are authorized to drive the automobile. The lessee is liable for damages resulting from the use of the automobile for which no compensation will be paid by the vehicle’s insurance company. This includes damage to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
- Off-road driving.
- Driving across rivers or any kind of watercourse.
- Intentional acts or gross negligence.
- Use of intoxicants by the driver.
- Vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of this lease.
5) In the event of a collision or accident, the lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor of the incident, and the lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
6) The number of kilometres (km) that the vehicle will be driven while this lease is in force is determined by reading a normal odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The lessee shall notify the lessor as soon as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the term of the lease.
7) The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damages to property that the lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
8) The lessee agrees to pay the lessor, upon request:
- A deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car.
- Any and all expenses incurred by the lessor if he has to bring the vehicle back to his premises, in the event that it has been left somewhere without supervision, regardless of the condition of the vehicle, the roads or the weather.
9) The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
10) The lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws.
11) The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle for transporting passengers for payment, loan it to others, or sublease it.
Obligations of the Lessor (CampEasy)
12) The lessor will supply the vehicle at the agreed time and make sure it meets all the demands.
13) If the vehicle malfunctions, the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible. If the damages are minor, the lessor is authorized to have repairs done on the vehicle after obtaining the lessee’s consent.
14) The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of this agreement, particularly as to the regards of the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
15) The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee about Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall particularly point out the danger stemming from animals on the roads.
16) If the lessor wants to limit the use of the vehicle in regard to its equipment and/or road conditions, this shall be done in writing before this lease is signed.
17) The lessor will maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
18) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, that includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
19) Third-party liability insurance consists of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
20) The lessee can purchase separate accident (All-risks) insurance. This policy will specify the amount deductible in each instance of loss.
21) This accident/all-risks insurance does not cover:
- intentional damages or damages due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
- damages resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner.
- Damages due to race or test driving.
- Damages due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots.
- Damages done by animals.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats.
- Damages affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damages resulting from this.
- Damages caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle’s transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damages to the chassis resulting from the vehicle scraping bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damages occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
- Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is prohibited, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas. However, compensation will be paid for damages if the driver is forced to leave the road, for example, due to road repairs.
- Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damages caused by sea spray/sea water.
- In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident /All-risks insurance.
22) The lessee may purchase special Gravel protection (GP), Theft protection (TP), and Super collision damage waiver (SCDW).
23) This lease agreement should be kept in the vehicle at all times.
24) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
25) Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of the terms cited above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. It also applies to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damages based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning this lease agreement, they will be heard before the lessor’s legal venue.
26) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to this lease agreement can be submitted to the active Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.